Raziel is a lawyer, economist and environmentalist, engaged with the mining sector. He spearheads Whittle Consulting’s Sustainable Governance Initiative. This aims to integrate supervisory and regulatory functions of government with the Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning process. This will ensure more efficient and consistent outcomes in the mining sector, which Raziel views as instrumental for the sustainable development of many regions around the world.
After growing up in Lima, Peru, Raziel read development economics at Sussex University in the UK. This was followed by a law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School, in Canada. He also holds Masters degrees in economics, environmental studies and law.
After clerking at the Supreme Court of Canada, he worked in the Toronto office of a leading American law firm in cross border financings, mergers & acquisitions and listings, in the mining, energy and other sectors. Later on, he held roles with major Canadian business-law firms, working primarily in the mining and natural resource sectors. Following his law practice, Raziel became directly involved in the mining industry.
- During his law practice, Raziel participated in corporate finance and other transactions related to mining projects in Canada and abroad. The value of these mining sector transactions amounted, in aggregate, to over US$2 billion.
- Raziel leads the Whittle Consulting Sustainable Government Initiative. He appreciates the significant potential gains from integrating the mining-related functions of government with the Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning process. This will ensure better, more robust and more sustainable outcomes for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Raziel is also Executive Chairman of Alicanto Mining Corp., a private project generating company with offices in Canada and Colombia. He is also Executive Chairman of Fénix Geoconsult Ltd., a geological consulting company.
- Master of Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, Canada
- Master of Economics, York University, Canada
- Master of Environmental Studies, York University, Canada
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, Canada • Bachelor of Arts (Econ., Development Studies), Sussex University, U.K.
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada • Member of the New York Bar
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) and member of PDAC’s International Affairs Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Council for the Americas
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM), Ontario Chapter