Lewis joined Whittle Consulting in 2004 as an Enterprise Optimisation Specialist. Initially working alongside Jeff Whittle, Lewis has been integral to the ongoing development of Whittle Consulting’s intellectual property. Today, Lewis is the Technical Services Manager. In this role, he manages the Technical Services team which supports our regional managers and business consultants to provide high-level knowledge and specialised analysis and solutions for our clients. Lewis is adept at working with and dealing with complexity. He combines high-level computing, modelling, mathematical and problemsolving skills to develop efficient tools, systems and data analysis techniques specific for the mining industry. Lewis is a qualified civil engineer, initially working in asset management and hydraulic modelling within the water industry. His passion for data science led him to join Whittle Consulting where he exploits his broad IT skills, engineering expertise and high level numeric literacy. In particular, he enjoys the intellectual challenge of utilising his skills to adapt Prober, Whittle Consulting’s proprietary software, to strategically optimise complex mining operations.
- Lewis has either undertaken or overseen over 180 Whittle Consulting Enterprise Optimisation projects conducted in the Americas, Australasia, Europe and Africa, across a wide range of commodities.
- Responsible for developing and overhauling the tools, data infrastructure and systems used at Whittle Consulting, leading to an exponential increase in system efficiency and performance turnaround.
- Has recruited, trained and manages the highly-expert Whittle Consulting Technical Services team.
- Over 25 years of experience in data manipulation, programming and database management across numerous technologies (SQL Server, MS Access, .NET, VBA, MS Excel, Python, TCL)
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons), Monash University