Since 1999, Gerald has been the CEO of Whittle Consulting. In this role, Gerald undertakes optimisation studies and model design, business analysis, management reporting and client presentations. He conducts Strategic Assessments and Enterprise Optimisation studies for a range of major, midcap and junior mining companies. These studies have spanned almost all commodities, including pits and/or underground mining, complex minerals processing streams and marketing channels.
As a recognised thought leader on mining optimisation, prior to COVID, Gerald travelled the world delivering Whittle Consulting Integrated Strategic Planning seminars. Now migrated to an online format, the seminar challenges conventional thinking and bridges organisational silos. Gerald reveals the Whittle approach, showing how substantial opportunities for value enhancement for current or planned mining and minerals processing operations are created. A skilled communicator, Gerald brings together important lessons learnt in other industries including; Activity Based Costing, Theory of Constraints and sustainability considerations. His knowledge sheds new light on the unique challenges of business planning and optimisation for the minerals industry.
Gerald is an economist, management accountant, financial controller, finance director with over 40 years of international business experience in business planning, analysis and change management.
- CEO and founding shareholder of Whittle Consulting.
- Recognised thought leader, strategic advisor and optimisation expert to the resource and mining sectors.
- Has performed or overseen over 180 Enterprise Optimisation studies around the world.
- Has trained over 5,000 people worldwide in Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning.
- Bachelor of Economics, Monash University, Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Finance, Chisholm Institute (Monash University)
- Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (MAusIMM)