Alex joined Whittle Consulting in 2019 as a Technical Services Specialist. In this role, Alex undertakes high-level data manipulation, modelling and analysis for Whittle Consulting Optimisation projects undertaken worldwide.
With a background in physics, Alex has a highly-developed numerical literacy. With this background, Alex is comfortable with the mathematics of working with large volumes of data. Utilising Prober-E, Alex enjoys seeing the mathematical logic play out, resulting in useful and valuable mining outcomes for our clients.
Alex works closely with the other members of the Technical Services team on projects to support our regional managers and business consultants, providing high-level knowledge and solutions for our clients.
Since joining Whittle, Alex has assisted in the development of a pilot renewable energy model for adoption within mining organisations. This project follows Alex’s personal interest in “greening” and environmental sustainability.
Prior to joining Whittle Consulting, Alex worked for a data warehousing consultancy – where he further developed his high-level data analytics, interrogation, and reporting skills. Alex programs in several languages, including VBA, C#, SQL, and Python, and reports data in Excel, PowerBI, and SSRS.
- Has assisted with Whittle Enterprise Optimisation projects in Alaska, Sweden, Indonesia, Brazil and Australia.
- Has developed competency in modelling commodities such as gold and iron ore.
- Has assisted with the development of a Whittle renewable energy model for use within mining businesses.
- Competency with Whittle Consulting proprietary software, Prober-E, Geovia Whittle and other mining optimisation and visualisation tools.
- Bachelor of Engineering Physics, Cornell University, New York, USA.
- Masters of Engineering Physics, Cornell University, New York, USA