Integrated Strategic Planning Seminar
Formerly known as the "Money Mining" seminar, the 2 day seminar comprehensively explains the philosophy & methodology behind Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning
Whittle Consulting are the leaders in the field of Integrated Strategic Planning. Since 1999, Whittle Consulting has conducted over 150 Whittle Enterprise Optimisation studies for mining companies worldwide. These studies have repeatedly improved the economics of a mining project or operation from 5% – 35%, and in many cases substantially more. These results are achieved even after conventional mining optimisation techniques have already been applied.
Integrated Strategic Planning is now regarded as best practice in the mining industry. The 2 day Seminar comprehensively explains the philosophy and methodology behind Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning. It includes an explanation of the processes involved and the benefits derived from developing a Whittle Enterprise Optimisation model.
Effective long term planning can enhance the value of a minerals business from 5% – 35%, and in many cases substantially more. The seminar explains the 10 distinct Steps in a Whittle Enterprise Optimisation model including: pit/underground, phases, mine schedule, cut-off, stockpiles, blend, processing, product mix and specification, logistics and capital. When applied simultaneously these Steps produce extraordinary results. Important new techniques and concepts for the mining industry are also explored. These theories include Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Theory of Constraints (TOC). The end result is a powerful analytical approach to decision making across all aspects of a mining operation or project.
Introducing incites that are sometimes counter intuitive, Gerald Whittle’s engaging and challenging workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Integrated Strategic Planning process
- Provide refreshing insights into how mining companies generate cash, and why they so often fail to do so
- Describe in detail the simultaneous optimisation of the whole value chain: mining, mineral processing, logistics, production and capital
- Explain planning and optimisation with geological uncertainty and volatile metal markets
- Operational and cost modelling techniques for optimisation
- Theory of constraints for mining
- Implementing an effective planning process
- Provide examples of how the process is being used around the world and the results being achieved.
Gerald Whittle – CEO, Whittle Consulting
As the CEO of Whittle Consulting, Gerald has worked in the mining industry for the past 20 years. A recognised thought leader on mining optimisation, Gerald has presented the Integrated Strategic Planning seminar to over 3,000 delegates worldwide. A qualified accountant and an experienced CFO, he has over 35 years in business planning, analysis and change management.
“It is no exaggeration to say that the techniques presented constitute one of the most significant innovations that I have seen in almost 30 years of experience in the mining industry.“
Peter Knights – Professor of Mining, University of Queensland.
Who should attend
The seminar is frequently attended by senior mining executives, geologists, mining engineers, process engineers, metallurgists, logistics managers, department, divisional and project managers, institutional mining fund investors, financial analysts and project financiers.
Ideally senior managers across all business disciplines from the one company should attend together, as the seminar presents the benefits of cross-functional collaboration. Attendance is often the final step in deciding whether to embark an Enterprise Optimisation study, or the first step in doing it. In house seminars can be arranged upon request.
Note: This is not a software course but a strategic integration and optimisation learning experience.
The seminar is especially beneficial if two or more of your team attend but individuals are of course always welcome. 50% discount for groups of 3 or more.
Integrated Strategic can be applied on all mines at any stage. You will gain specific benefit if you are:
- Making a large capital decision
- Looking to raise finance or refinance
- Planning expansions
- At the PFS or FS stage
- Operating distressed or low performing asset
- Making any key decisions for your operation
You will discover how Integrated Strategic Planning:
- Has large advantages over siloed planning
- Enables greater visibility of the entire mining operation from resource through to market
- Provides data driven information to inform all decision making
- increases the value of a minerals business from 5%- 35%, and in some cases substantially more
Proposed 2019 Seminar Dates
|5 - 6 February||Melbourne, Australia||Registration Site|
|21 - 22 February||Toronto, Canada||Registration Site|
|25 - 26 March||Johannesburg, South Africa||Registration Site|
|1 - 2 April||London, UK||Registration Site|
|8 - 9 April||Lima, Peru||Registration Site|
|7 - 8 May||Perth, Australia||Registration Site|
|5 - 6 August||Brisbane, Australia||Registration Site|
Express your interest
To receive updates on upcoming seminars in your region please express your interest to Stephanie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your information below:
Proudly supported by: